Our goal this year is to raise $15,000 for the General Fund. While other funds are restricted in their use, this will allow the Foundation to use these funds towards the area of greatest need as we move forward toward achieving our future goals, including:
- Creating new scholarships;
- Endowing our current scholarships;
- Increasing grant funding at Conference and Convention;
- Establishing new ways to support individual chapters through assistance with scholarships, fundraising, and philanthropic efforts.
In addition to making a tax-deductible donation on our website or through Venmo (@psrfoundation), see below for other easy methods to raise funds supporting the Phi Sigma Rho Foundation.
- Use Amazon Smile during Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping: Make your dollar go further by shopping with AmazonSmile! Go to amazonsmile.com, and select Phi Sigma Rho Foundation as your charity of choice to have 0.05% of your qualifying purchases donated to the Foundation.
- Facebook’s Matching for Giving Tuesday: Facebook is matching dollar for dollar on a first-come, first served basis until $7,000,000 beginning at 8AM EST on Dec 3, so take advantage of this opportunity by starting a fundraiser or donating to the Phi Sigma Rho Foundation via our Facebook page.
- National Sock Day: To celebrate National Sock Day (December 4th), the Phi Sigma Rho Foundation is selling Phi Rho Love socks. These would be great stocking stuffers or secret santa gifts to a Phi Rho. Keep an eye out on social media for more details on how to order!
- StepBet Challenge: Our final StepBet challenge of 2019 will begin Dec 2nd! Download the StepBet app and search game code "PhiSigmaRho" to join. The initial bet is $40 and if you meet your step goals for 6 weeks, you'll be a winner! At the end of the game, 60% of the pot will be donated to the Foundation, 30% will go to the winners, and StepBet will keep 10%. If you win, you are guaranteed at least your $40 back. This is a great way to hold yourself accountable to your fitness goals during the holidays, or gain extra credit for things like walking to class or joining the Light the Night Walks! This challenge is open to all Phi Rhos, friends and family so get your group together today!